Ordained Minister of the Word
The Ordained Minister of the Word program is a rigorous study program which requires students to complete the classes of the Bachelor of Ministry degree. You must also complete the Deacon Minister Ordination class and the Ordained Minister of Word class at Christian Leaders Institute.
The Minister of the Word ordination role allows you to do every previous minister role and more:
- Senior Pastor (Some denominations or local churches will only recognize men as the Senior Pastor)
- Lead Minister
You will also have the training to excel in the following minister roles:
- Assistant Pastor
- Associate Pastor
- Church Planter
To complete the Ordained Minister of the Word Course of study:
You must have a Bachelor of Divinity Degree or
Bachelor of Ministry Degree
You need a 2.00 GPA and:
- PeaceSmart Relationships 101 (3 Credits)
- Biblical Wisdom (4 Credits)
- Minister of the Word Ordination (1 Credit)
123 Required Credit Hours
2 Additional Credit Hours
125 Minimum Credit Hours
Steps for ordination as an Ordained Minister of the Word (128 minimum Credits Program)
- Enroll at Christian Leaders Institute and complete the Getting Started Class: Scholar Orientation.
- Complete the Deacon Ministry Award.
- Christian Leaders Connection (3 credits)
- Christian Basics (3 credits)
- Christian Wedding Officiant (1 Credit)
- Ministry Officiant Skills (2 Credits)
- Complete the Deacon Minister Ordination Class (1 credit)
- Get three recommendations from your local community, possibly including a Christian Leaders Alliance ordained mentor.
- Receive your official ordination documents from Christian Leaders Alliance, sent through the Christian Leaders Institute offices.
- Be ordained by the laying on of hands.
- Be included in the Christian Leaders Alliance ordination directory.
- Complete the required classes of the divinity or ministry degree program.
- Take the Ordained Minister of the Word class at Christian Leaders Institute (1 credit) and order your updated ordination credentials.
You will be listed on the Christian Leaders Alliance ordination directory.