Become a Licensed Minister
Has God laid on your heart that you should pursue ministry?
Become a licensed minister through a free licensed clergy training program designed to fit the volunteer or bi-vocational minister and more ministry situations.
This licensed minister role is part of the Christian Leaders Alliance minister credentialing program, including licensed and fully ordained clergy roles.
This free licensed clergy training program will fit you:
- if you are an active Christian who knows you are called into ministry but do not know how to become a trained and credentialed minister.
- if you are locally ordained in ministry but need a formal training program and global minister and clergy recognition.
- if you desire a ministry career and want to complete a program that gets you going while you continue to take more advanced training.
- if you are a local elder or deacon and wish to serve as a volunteer licensed minister.
- if you are already a youth pastor in a local church and also want professional minister credentials that will allow you more open credibility doors.
The great part about this program is that you can study at your own pace and time.
This program’s core requirements can be completed in two to four months of consistent part-time study. Two endorsements are required for this program. All specializations are available for this minister classification.
Licensed Minister Core Requirements:
- Ministry Calling and Confidence (1 Credit)
- Min 100 – Christian Leaders Connection (3 Credits)
- Theo 101 – Introduction to Christian Doctrine (3 Credits)
- Christian Wedding Officiant Skills (1 Credit)
- Premarriage Counseling Skills (1 Credit)
- Ministry Officiant Skills (2 Credit)
- Parenting Skills (1 Credit)
- Influence Smart (1 Credit)
Total Credits 13
Mini-Courses: (6 mini-courses)
- Essential Philosophy (0 Cr)
- Critical Grace Theory (0 Cr)
- How to be Interesting (0 Cr)
- Leading Bible Studies (0 Cr)
- Basic Ministry Speaking (0 Cr)
- Overview of Mental Health Integration (0 Cr)
Total: 13 credits and six mini-courses.
Christian Leaders Alliance Recognition
The Christian Leaders Alliance will recognize you as a licensed clergy member, and your profile will be listed on the Christian Leaders Alliance website as a Licensed Minister.
The Licensed Minister role is designed for ministering as a volunteer, part-time, or as a role added to a local church title. Someone may be a local youth pastor who is a licensed minister with the Christian Leaders Alliance, for instance.
Here are some of the ministry services a Licensed Minister is qualified to conduct:
- Baptisms and Dedications
- The Lord’s Supper
- Profession of Faith
- Confession of Sin
- Forgiveness Prayers and Ceremonies
- Anointing Ceremonies
- Care Facilities Visits
- Spiritual Warfare
- Master of Ceremony Events
How is this ministry training and credentialing funded? This is a common question. Just like a local church is offering-supported, we ask for donations for those who are in the position to give. Any fees are to cover the administration costs.
You may purchase the optional Clergy Recognition packages, which are sent in the mail. See Clergy Recognition Kits