Ordained Ministry Chaplain
Are you called to ministry chaplaincy? Ministry Chaplains serve their communities as ministers who structure their ministry efforts around chaplain expectations.
This means that these ministers understand they are not in their setting to preach sermons at a church to a congregation. They are there to minister to a diverse group of people, some of whom may seek them out to welcome the presence of God into their situation. People may seek them out for a conversation about something that is troubling them. They may not know where to turn, and they may not attend any other religious society. However, they are aware that they are a chaplain. Perhaps they are connected to a business, organization, or community.
The Ministry Chaplain is not “professional career bound.” This program is boots on the ground. This program utilizes tuition-free ministry training courses from the Christian Leaders Institute.
If someone wants to walk on the Chaplain as a professional full0-time carer path, we offer that route through the Christian Leaders College. That designation is for those with a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s Degree in an accredited Chaplaincy program. If you are interested in pursuing a professional career in Chaplaincy, we recommend getting a Christian Leaders College Degree and enrolling in a Chaplaincy program. Christian Leaders College has many partners who offer accredited Chaplaincy programs.
Who Does The Ordained Ministry Chaplain Program Fit
The ordained ministry chaplain builds on the Licensed Ministry Chaplain role at Christian Leaders Alliance. So who does this minister credentialing program fit?
- This Ordained Ministry Chaplain role is ideal for “special operations,” called ministers who introduce God’s presence in their communities or sphere of influence.
- This Ordained Ministry Chaplain is a presbuteros level training program that fits serious-minded ministers who want to grow in their ministry effectiveness.
- The Ordained Ministry Chaplain fits volunteer or part-time Chaplains who desire to minister effectively in ministry chaplain settings.
The Ordained Ministry Chaplain program is designed to help you effectively minister in various settings. Such as:
- Fire Departments or Police Departments
- Half-way houses
- Businesses with Human Resources endorsement
- Conversation Confidants with the president, CEO, and employees of profit or non-profit organizations.
- Motorcycle clubs and other types of clubs
- Hospital or Senior Care facilities
This Ordained Ministry Chaplain program is a presbuteros level training and credentialing program that includes 62 credits of training and three recommendations.
Ordained Ministry Chaplain Program Requirements
- Calling and Connections (1 Cr)
- Christian Leaders Connections (3 Cr)
- Introduction to Chaplaincy (3 credits)
- Pastoral Care (3 Cr)
- Leadership (3 Cr)
- PeaceSmart Relationships (3 credits)
- Life Coaching Ministry (3 credits)
- Semi-Directive and Directive Ministry Coaching (1 Cr)
- Marriage Ministry (4 Cr)
- Sex Education and Conversations (4 Cr)
- Old Testament Survey (3 Cr)
- New Testament Survey (3 Cr)
- Theo 101 – Introduction to Christian Doctrine (3 Cr)
- Evangelism – Presenting Grace (3 Credits)
- Prayer (3 Cr)
- Comparative Religions (2 Credits)
- Apologetics (3 Credits)
Ministry Skills Division
- Christian Wedding Officiant Skills (1 Credit)
- Pre-marriage Counseling Skills (1 Credit)
- Ministry Officiant Skills (2 Credit)
- Parenting Skills (1 Credit)
- Communications 3 (Cr)
- Sermon Construction and Presentation (4 Cr) or Preaching, Preparation, & Presentation (3 credits)
- Min 151 – People Smart (3 Credits)
Total Credits: 62 Credits
Mini-Courses: (12 mini-courses)
- Essential Philosophy (0 Cr)
- How to Develop a Great Attitude (0 Cr)
- Nine Ways to Build People Up (0 Cr)
- The Care and Decluttering of the Soul (0 Cr)
- Critical Grace Theory (0 Cr)
- Spotting Logical Fallacies (0 Cr)
- Christian Discernment Skills (0 Cr)
- How to be Interesting (0 Cr)
- Fellowship and Hospitality Ministry (0 Cr)
- Leading Bible Studies (0 Cr)
- Basic Ministry Speaking (0 Cr)
- Overview of Mental Health Integration (0 Cr)
Total: 62 credits and 12 mini-courses
The Christian Leaders Alliance will recognize you as an Ordained Clergy member, and your profile will be on the Christian Leaders Alliance website. This credential qualifies you to serve as an Ordained Ministry Chaplain.
This program includes a three-credit Introduction of Chaplaincy course. This clergy status is designed especially for volunteer Chaplains at prisons, hospitals, businesses, police, or fire departments. You will be licensed for the following roles:
- Ministry Chaplaincy
- Baptisms and Dedications
- The Lord’s Supper
- Professions of Faith
- Confessions of Sin
- Forgiveness Prayers and Ceremonies
- Anointing Ceremonies
- Care Facilities Visits
- Spiritual Warfare
- Master of Ceremony Events
The Ordained Ministry Chaplain is a ministry credential compatible with getting an associate degree at a college or institution. It can be a stepping stone to becoming a Kingdom Chaplain or a professional Chaplain.
See the Minister Credential program page at Christian Leaders Alliance. Click here.
Check out Soul Centers, where credentialed Christian Leaders Alliance ministers can register a geographical location. Click here